Building an Effective Strategy for Technology Enhanced Learning
Course Date: Refer to Calendar page.
Normal Fee: $580. Funding details available at the Funding page.
Technology is revolutionising every industry, and it will equally transform classroom teaching. Is your School ready to ride this enormous wave of change, and be the leader of the pack?
As a first step, your School must have a Learning Strategy that blueprints how you want ICT to transform the way your 'core business' - the way you teach - for the next 5 years. In other words, you need a blueprint of how, using technology as the medium, your future students will learn.
During this immersive workshop, participants will explore a full range of potential possibilities of ICT-enhanced learning models: MOOC, flipped classroom, game-based learning, and more. Underling the workshop are 2 key principles:
- teaching must lead ICT used, not the reverse;
- an effective Learning Strategy must holistically consider all factors including curriculum, content, people, etc.
Using examples of technology-enhanced implementations of local educational institutions, participants will comprehensively understand the components of an effective learning environment. They will also learn how to develop a 5-year ICT plan that will progress the current classroom teaching (and technology adoption) to the desired 'teaching of tomorrow' vision.
About the Workshop Facilitator
Sarah is a highly respected veteran in the e-learning field with more than 20 years of experience in dealing with technology-enhanced learning. Her projects include the design and implementation of a full learning environment including content development, management and capability building. She started her career as a teacher in a local school, and went on to complete a Master degree in Instructional Design and Technologies. Since then, she has held senior positions in different types of organisations including universities and e-learning companies. Her titles include Chief Operating Officer, Director of Learning Design, etc.
This workshop is especially suitable for School Leaders and key personnel (particularly HOD ICT) who are empowered to develop the big-picture plan of how your School will teach differently with ICT. (NB: This course does not teach how to design individual online/blended lessons. For this, Orego will be introducing a new course next year.)
1 day (9 am - 5 pm).
Part A: The E-Learning Landscape
- International research findings
- Overview of the e-learning landscape in Singapore and beyond
- E-learning technologies and tools available
- Prominent e-learning models (Flipped Classroom, Blended Learning, Fully Online, etc)
Part B: How Educational Institutions Approach E-Learning
- Background of institutions
- Learning architectures adopted by these institutions
- Learning from them: What is good, what is not so good
Part C: Learning Strategy
- What is a learning strategy?
- Components in a learning strategy
- Learning Contents
- Learner Experience
- Assessment models
- Learning analytics
Part D: Building a 5-year ICT Plan To Blueprint the 'Teaching of Tomorrow' Vision
- Envisioning 'Teaching of Tomorrow' in your School and the role of ICT
- Evaluating your current ICT plan. Is it 'bold' enough to fulfill this vision?
- Mapping a 'bold' 5-year learning strategy with holistic considerations :
- Small group discussion